Monday, April 07, 2008

I <3 My Joints

My hip has been hurting, and for once I'm not sure why. I've had hip pain sporadically over the last year or so, which I've attributed to doing too much at the gym, usually on the elliptical. A little heat, a little "Vitamin I," and a little rest is all it usually takes to make it better. I still think that this bout of hip pain is related to doing too much at the gym, but now it seems delayed and seems to be taking longer to feel better. I haven't worked out since Thursday evening, having taken off the weekend because I wasn't feeling well and I took off today since my hip is still hurting (it's been hurting since Saturday) and I'm exhausted from not sleeping well last night (which may be related to the fact that I haven't worked out since Thursday...).

I wish I had normal joints. Between my shoulders (which are doing well for now, but I'll need to ensure to keep them strong for the rest of my life, lest I dislocate either again, as I did not too long ago), my ankle (fused), my hand problems, and now my hip, I'm beginning to think I just can't win...maybe I SHOULD try to get back in the pool...

No comments: