Saturday, November 13, 2004

T Minus 18 Days

Yep, that's right, T minus 18 days until 12/1/04, the date set for my master's thesis defense. What does this mean? It means I'm completely freaking out about the reality of having to get up in front of a group of people and present my findings from the research I've worked on for the last 3.5 years. It also means that I'm in total panic mode trying to tie up all the loose ends in the drafts of my thesis text and the draft of my presentation.

For those of you so curious, my thesis revolves around determining the dexterity requirements to conduct on-orbit satellite servicing missions with robots. It's interesting enough, I suppose, though I'm really ready to be done with it and to move on...to what, I don't know, but definitely to something.

Alas, in order to try to maximize my productivity, I've sequestered myself for the weekend at my parents' house, the place where I have the fewest distractions. Expect updates here to be sporadic at best until after I've defended. On that note, back to Analysis of Grasp Requirements For Telerobotic Satellite Servicing. Please feel free to send any good vibes my way.

No comments: