Monday, May 23, 2005

Joint Forces Open House Air Show

Yesterday, Wendy and I went to the Joint Services Open House at Andrews Air Force Base. Among the highlights, we got to see some wicked airplane acrobatics, a Harrier do a vertical takeoff and fly backwards, some formation flying, and we also saw one of the planes and helos that our friend Eric has flown and is flying (he is an officer in the Marines, and did his basic flight training in Corpus and is now doing helo training in Pensacola).

I got some really cool pictures before the batteries in my camera died. Feel free to check them out, and if you can, help me figure out what some of the "unidentified" planes or random helos are. I'll eventually be posting these to flickr, as well, so some of them will end up here.

Anyway, as I said, if you can identify any of the planes, please let me know by posting in the comments section!!!

UPDATE 26 May 2005: I believe I've got all the planes identified. If you notice any mis-identifications, though, please let me know. :)

No comments: