Saturday, March 26, 2005

Terps Do It Again

I didn't get a chance to watch the Terps game today. I ended up going up to my parents' place to meet up with my dad and then he and I went up to the family boat to work on replacing the cutlass bearing. On our way up there, I did catch about the first 15 minutes of the first half on the radio--by the time we got to the boat yard, the Terps were up 11 and seemingly doing fine.

While we were working, I got the wireless score update on my phone, and was alarmed to see that the halftime score was 44-43 in favor of the Terps. Yet again, despite seemingly having things under control, the Terps let the opposition come back on them. This is an alarming trend in Terps games...I'm sure we're going to get to a point where we let the other team come back enough that we can't recover. Heck, we've already had a few games like that (Clemson, anyone?).

The good news, though, is that the Terps DID win and now move on to the NIT (Not In Tourney) semifinals. On Tuesday night in Madison Square Garden, Gary Williams and the Terps will take on the Gamecocks of South Carolina at 9 p.m. ET. This game, as the previous 2 games, will be televised nationally on ESPN2. I'll be watching, of course, and hopefully you will be too! GO TERPS!

No comments: