Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Gadget Girl Strikes Again

I admit it, I'm a gadget-aholic.
I love toys: PDA's, mp3 players, computer hardware, cameras...anything in this new digital era, I seem to love it and almost always want to get it.

Naturally, Palm's release of the Tungsten T5 this week has made me wonder if it's time to upgrade my PDA. Currently I'm using a Palm Tungsten C and I love it dearly. The integrated Wi-Fi is particularly nice, considering our network here in the apartment and the Wi-Fi network on campus. Since the T5 doesn't have this feature, I'm probably going to hold off on getting it. I think I may as well wait, too, until Palm releases their new OS, be it Cobalt or Garnet. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the big screen...but I like my keyboard on the T|C (and have become fully spoiled by it) and I'm not sure I'm ready to give it up. The other reason I've decided to wait is to make sure that any software I purchase (such as my beloved games) will be compatible with the new OS. This doesn't mean I've ruled out picking up a PPC or a Tapwave Zodiac 2...I'm always looking for suggestions, feel free to recommend a device for me. :D

Speaking of toys, today I went to Staples and finally got some screen cleaners for my Palm, and a USB sync/cigarette lighter recharger. It's nice, meaning I can finally stop relying on my cradle and I can charge my Palm even if I'm in the car. ;)

I finally also today got my screen protector onto my Palm, so I'm feeling good about playing games again. It took a few tries, a steamy bathroom, and a non-adhesive type of protector. I finally settled on the G2 screen protector, and so far I like it. It's much better than the old Fellows one I had on it before. I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on with my screen these days.

No comments: