Friday, October 08, 2004

Rehab, Two Weeks Down...

...how many more to go??? That's the real question, though I expect it to last about 4-6 months.
Two weeks are officially over now of my rehab. This means that in two more weeks, I'll be able to walk around without the brace on my ankle (YIPPY!). Hopefully it also means that in two more weeks I'll be able to cut down to 2 visits to the PT office per week, instead of the 3 I'm doing now. We'd originally hoped to cut down to 2 after today, but obviously that didn't happen.

On an up note, though, biking is less painful now than it was when I started; I imagine I'll be able to do it on my own at home soon. :) Today we started balancing and worked on a bit more strengthening. This means that so far my exercises include theraband work, picking up marbles with my toes, toe curls, heel & toe raises, biking, and now trying to balance for 15 seconds (my best so far is 2 seconds) and doing some leg-press style exercises. PROGRESS!!! At last.

No comments: